Monday, November 16, 2009

Should I persue my dream job or do something normal?

I have been tossing around ideas of what to do with my future and some ideas were dental hygene and occupational theripist because they don't require 4 years of college and are very good careers but then I wasn't sure if I really wanted to do it. Now I know a job that I would love to do which is a childrens event planner. I found a company called send in the clowns and was like I can't belive this! I wish I could do something like this everyday! I did alot of research on this and saw alot of people have this kind of buisness. I love children and planing partys I have planned a 12 year old party and it was a blast. I have taken art all my high school years and love to use my creativity. I think this would be my dream job. I started a note book of all my ideas and thought I could start out small doing like face paiting then starting doing some partys. Only thing is I live in a small town hardly have money and I am not sure if this career will even make any money. Please help!

Should I persue my dream job or do something normal?
I know a lots people who have their own businesses and they all say it's easier to secure a bank loan with a college degree. You have to remember a business is more then fun and creativity you need to know about finances, licenses, background checks, fingerprinting ( required for people working around children) ect. Majoring in business would help you with all this perhaps with a minor in accounting. It will also make you look more serious to banks and anyone else who may want to invest. Its good that you want some first hand experience face painting as that will also help you pay for your textbooks while your in college:) I say go for your dream otherwise you will never be happy but go about it the smart way. My cousin recently opened a child day care and not only was approved for a bank loan but charges much more then the other places in town because she has a psychology degree specializing in child psychology. She didn't let anyone tell her no and you shouldn't either.
Reply:why not get a "real job" and do the event planning on the side? start small, like for family friends and word of mouth and move up from there. you won't need money, really to do it since the people should be paying for the party. ask for a down payment/deposit that will cover overhead expenses (such as bookings, favors, etc) and then you get the rest, the commission at the end. that's what you make money off of.





i think this is what you mean. if you mean you going in a doing face painting, or being a clown, then that is not party planning...that would just be party entertainment.





if you mean actually party planning thou then, yea, like i said. you could start small, do it on the side, and work your way up to bigger parties like bar/batmizvahs and sweet 16's etc. etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment